First Use - Updating the JSON Config¶
Your first exercise will be to update the JSON configuration file for use with the flex cables.
- You must install the SteamVR Tracking HDK before proceeding. See How to get access to SteamVR HDK in Steam for instructions.
- Connect the core module to a computer using a USB cable as described in Unboxing and Power Up.
- Navigate to the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR Tracking HDK\tools\bin\win32\ .
- Copy the updated JSON configuration file,
shoto_4231_update.json, into the \win32 folder. Download
shoto_4231_update.jsonvia the Source section below. ↓
- After copying the JSON file, the contents of the \win32 folder should look similar to this:
- In the \win32 folder, launch
lighthouse_console.exeby double-clicking on it.
- You should see a window similar to this:
- At the
uploadconfig shoto_4231_update.jsonand press ENTER: You can display the full set of lighthouse_console commands by typing
- You will see confirmation that the JSON file has been uploaded:
- The JSON configuration file has been successfully updated. In order for the new configuration to take effect, you must power-cycle the HDK. Do this by unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in.